5 minutes with … Jennifer Guerrini-Maraldi, JGM Art Director
Last week, we launched a regular series of Q&As we’ll be publishing with friends, clients and other ‘culture vultures’ that we admire to shine a light on their interests and lives.
This week, we caught up with the lovely Jennifer Guerrini-Maraldi, JGM Art Director, following yesterday’s launch of JGM Gallery on 24 Howie Street SW11 4AY.
- One place everyone should visit in their lifetime? The remote North Kimberley, Western Australia, for an
aboriginal ceremony which entails being immersed in smoke from a large fire burning eucalyptus leaves
- If you weren’t a gallerist, you’d be… A Sculptor making monumental works.
- What is one thing you always forget? I am not forgetful by nature but what I hate to forget most of all is my father’s smile!
- If you had to eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be? Baked Sea Bass.
- Everyone needs to pay more attention to … ? The emotional needs of family and friends.
- Name one book you wish you’d written. The shock of the New by Robert Hughes
- Most recent exhibition you attended? Abstract Expressonism at the Royal Academy of Arts London.
- Favourite London location/ building/ landmark? River Thames
- The artist to watch out for in the next year? Bob Gibson showing at JGM Gallery in the autumn 2017
- I chose Battersea for JGM Art because… We have lived in Battersea Square for ten years and love it. JGM Gallery is a 2 minute bicycle ride along the River path and I don’t have to go near a road!
- When does it open? JGM Gallery is now open for business!
JGM Gallery is now open and welcoming visitors on:
Tuesday – Friday: 11am – 6pm and Saturday: 11am – 5pm at 24 Howie Street SW11 4AY